Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby K's Birthday Party Cakes...

This was my very first time making a fondant cake. It turned out Ok (I think?). Here is a wonderful  fondant tutorial. It is definetely worth trying it! And, of course, you would save a lot of money doing it yourself. 


This second cake I made for the party is a "surprise cake". I remember seeing some version of this growing up in my native South America. It is so easy to make, and a lot of fun for the kids. I baked a "box" cake. Then, cut up it open carefully on each side, and hid little kid toys inside tied to a ribbon or string. You can have as made as you want depending on the size of your cake. I attached pink string for the girls and blue for the boys surprises. Then just covere it with the frosting of your choice.
All the kids at the party loved it... Remember that you don't have to eat this cake (unless you really want to...;-) But it also makes a good play and smash cake for the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment